Sunday, January 07, 2007
Merry Sickmas & Happy Puke Year
Well, the holidays are over, which is kind of nice. We went to Idaho to be with Rachel's family for Christmas. It was fun to be with everyone from the family; the first time in 4 years. We went bowling, played Xbox, ate out, went to the movies, played Guitar Hero (fun!), and played more Xbox. Kelly got a barn handmade by her Papa Warren, it is very cool. I'll post pics of it later. All in all it was very nice....except for the flight home. We were on Southwest about an hour and a half from St. Louis when we hit this turbulance. Kelly was asleep on my lap when she started puking, like a lot of puke, three times a lot of puke. It went all over the place, she completely soaked her jumpsuit, shirt, and shoes. It was quite a mess. Despite the seat belt sign I took her to the bathroom to clean it out of her hair and get her out of her wet clothes. The flight attendant was really nice, he gave us an old shirt of his for Kelly to wear (it was like a big dress). The rest of the way I held her on my lap, then she threw up again all over me. So, when we arrived at St. Louis, we were covered with dried vomit. What a flight... I guess a parent has to experience that at least once in their lifetime. On the flipside Abby did very well on the flight. To top it all off, Rachel and I got food poisoning on New Year's Eve night, so we were fighting for the bathroom all night long with no sleep. When the kids woke up in the morning it was a jungle. Fortunately Kelly went to a friend's house, so we got some peace. Well, it was an exciting time, but like I said, I'm glad it's over. Right now I'm sitting in the Albuquerque airport waiting to fly to Tucson for another internship interview. The New Mexico site was really cool, I liked it a lot. We'll see how the others shape up and then I'll post my impressions of them. Well, gotta jump on this plane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment