Saturday, January 14, 2006

Site-seeing

There are some places that I visit on the web regularly. And here they are in no particular order. Be warned, some of these sites cater to certain types of individuals. They may not be appealing to all.

www.macrumors.com : where I get most of my news and updates regarding the newest stuff from Apple. Yeah, I'm a Mac-geek. I especially like their forums, they're well organized and a very useful tool for all things Mac.

www.redvsblue.com : for the Halo fan in you. These guys are great, they write funny scripts then act them out using the Halo game on Xbox. Some of these episode are so stinking hilarious. There are currently 71 episodes, but you should really watch them from the beginning. They rotate episodes through the archives, so Google for the rest of them. Warning! There is some language in these that is akin to typical locker-room vernacular (i.e.- swearing). So they are not for the faint of heart or orthodox Mormon

www.pbs.org : what can I say...I'm a PBS junkie. And while I'm confessing...

www.npr.org : NPR junkie too

www.jerrydouglas.com : one of the best musicians out there, not to mention best dobro player

MEDLINE : don't have a address for this because I access it through the university portal. It's where I look up many a research article

www.techbargains.com : best place to find the latest deals on equipment and such.

www.homestarrunner.com : OK, I did save the best for last. What is homestar runner you say? Well, you just have to check it out. It is sort of has a cult following. Basically it's this world of cartoon characters that exist on the Internet. Click on first time here, see the little movie short, then click on characters and learn about them. StrongBad is one of my favorites. StrongBad emails are hilarious, so are some of the toons. Give it a try. That's all for now.

No comments: